You’ve heard the old adage that anything worth doing is worth doing well. Creating a brand advocacy strategy is no different. But if you’re just getting started, it can seem overwhelming at times. We’re here to help.
We’ve rounded up some of the best resources to help you jump in. Here are a few of our favorite podcasts, books, and articles to help you focus and begin your brand advocacy experience.
- NPR’s Planet Money, episode 850, “The Fake Review Hunter”
Tommy Noonan set out to solve a friend’s somewhat simple problem and ended up on a quest to catch and eliminate fake online reviews—an ever-increasing internet plague.
- Search Engine Journal’s Marketing Nerds, episode 117: “The Power of Online Reviews & How They Drive ROI”
Join Sara Spivey, Chief Marketing Officer at Bazaarvoice and SEJ Features Editor Danielle Antosz as they discuss the power of online reviews and how to use them to drive ROI.
- Talk Triggers: The Complete Guide to Creating Customers with Word of Mouth by best-selling authors and marketing experts Jay Baer and Daniel Lemin
Explore relevant case studies of over 30 companies who know how to leverage the power of word of mouth marketing, backed by real-world research.
- Contagious: Why Things Catch On by Jonah Berger
In this New York Times bestseller, discover the secret science of six simple principles that drive certain products and ideas to catch on and thrive.
- Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us by Seth Godin
Your tribe is out there waiting to connect with you and your message—get the momentum you need to become the leader they need.
- Hit Makers: How to Succeed in an Age of Distraction by Derek Thompson
Challenge your preconceived notions about how things become popular in this exploration of pop culture blockbusters and uncover the secret to capturing consumers’ attention.
- Harvard Business Review: Know Your Customers’ “Jobs to Be Done” by Clayton M. Christensen, Taddy Hall, Karen Dillon, and David S. Duncan
If you fail to consider the jobs your customers are trying to get done, you’ll fail to design products and experiences to connect with them.
- Power Reviews Market Trends Snapshot – May 2020
This timely, focused data about online reviews across a two-month period dives into review submission levels, review length and sentiment, overall conversions/sales and review consumption.
As you explore these valuable resources, you’ll likely resonate with many of the concepts. The trick trying not to implement everything overnight. It will take time and conscientious effort, but don’t wait until you know everything to get started because anything worth doing well . . . has to start somewhere. Your own experiences with brand advocacy will ultimately become your best resource—well, that and working with ExpertVoice of course.