Every day there are more than 3 million blogs posts created, more than 4 million hours of content uploaded to YouTube and well north of 5 billion Google searches. With our Month in a Minute series we save you from the bottomless pit of the Internet and serve you up 10 stories from recent weeks that we think you’ll love.
- One tough mother, Gert Boyle, long-time leader and the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Columbia Sportswear Company, passed away at 95.
- FTC tells influencers how to properly disclose ad on social.
- Jake Burton Carpenter, who outfitted snowboarders and championed their sport, died at 65.
- Product education leads to a 76% lift in the number of recommendations experts make.
- In 2018 GNC announced that it had a three-year plan to close 700 stores. This month, they announced that 900 stores would be closing before 2020.
- After trademark litigation blowback, Backcountry fires law firm, drops all lawsuits and begins rebuilding relationships.
- American Outdoor Brands Corporation announced it would split and create two independent publicly traded companies: Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc. and American Outdoor Brands, Inc.
- A good student of the evolving retail paradigm, Target is now the teacher.
- Pet startup Pawp wants to take a bite out of Chewy.
- SC Johnson has taken a majority stake in eco-conscious suncare brand (and ExpertVoice partner) Coola.
Have a story you think should be featured in next month's edition? Share it with connor.jones(at)expertvoice.com.