How to collect authentic video reviews.
How to collect authentic video reviews.
Drive online conversions with video recommendations from credentialed industry insiders.
If collecting online reviews wasn’t challenging enough for marketers, collecting authentic video reviews can be much harder. You need diverse and knowledgeable customers to take the time to film a personal video testimonial, summarize their key points and, best case scenario, have an authentic on-camera presence to keep your potential buyers engaged.
While many important factors can accelerate your brand’s e-commerce sales, video reviews help seal the deal. On ExpertVoice, you can now collect original product review videos filmed by vetted and credentialed members from over 30+ industries. When planning your brand’s next go-to-market strategy, collect and showcase authentic video reviews filmed by real-life, trusted industry insiders who’ve put your products to the test.
Why video reviews are important
ICYMI, videos are in. Consumers crave real, relatable and authentic user-generated content (UGC) to direct their purchasing behavior; professional photos and videos don’t cut it anymore. Video content filmed from a phone and shared online is typically fun, fresh and fast-paced, which fits with our technology-first lifestyles.
Did you know that TikTok, a video-first social platform, has become a popular search engine for people seeking information about the latest must-have products? Authentic video reviews from everyday influential people help online shoppers see how others like them use a product. And influencers continue to team up with brands to produce engaging video testimonials for the products they’re passionate about.
- 93% of consumers actively seek out reviews before they buy a product and 73% prefer to watch a video about a product or service rather than read a text-based article, website, or post.
- 56% of consumers are more influenced by user-generated content than influencer content.
- 2 out of 3 consumers say they’re more likely to make a purchase after watching a testimonial video.
- 55% say they use online video while shopping in-store
With these shifts in mind, Meta pivoted to an all-in video strategy over the past two years, retailers have tapped into live streaming and TikTok and the demand for consumer attention continues to rise as more products hit the shelves and our social feeds.
- In addition, 94% of marketers said video increases online shoppers’ understanding of their products or services and according to a recent survey, 87% of marketers reported an excellent ROI from using video.
- Because of this, 31% of marketers have added videos to landing pages to improve their company’s SEO. Adding video can increase their overall page quality and the time visitors spend on the page.
- As per the statistics, the companies that use videos on their landing pages can increase the conversion rate by 86%.
In today’s fast-paced digital marketing world, collecting video reviews from your most engaged and influential brand advocates is more important than ever.
Benefits of collecting video reviews through ExpertVoice:
- Guaranteed authenticity: Videos are filmed by credible industry insiders representing various professional and recreational fields across North America. The diversity of the Expert Network and the video feedback that members share through user-generated content (UGC) provide unique and trustworthy product perspectives and insights.
- Saves your marketing team time and budget: No need to hire a videographer or use special equipment to capture authentic video reviews for your brand. If you have a hosted store or product catalog on ExpertVoice, video reviews are automatically collected organically through product seeding or on-demand through product sampling.
- Ability to repurpose in other channels: Download and instantly syndicate the video reviews you collect on ExpertVoice to other websites. Showcase your most influential video reviews in different marketing channels to help boost shoppers’ online purchase confidence–on social media and video streaming sites to your company blog and email newsletter.
How to collect video reviews on ExpertVoice
Here are tips and tricks for how your brand can collect more authentic video reviews on ExpertVoice.*
- Ask for video reviews in your packaging: Run a Seeding Campaign and include a personalized printed order insertion in your product packaging. When the expert opens the package, the paper can have a call to action asking the individual to publish a video review on the platform after they have enough time to put the product to the test entirely.
- Incentivize customers with free products: Activate a Product Sampling Campaign to maximize your marketing efforts and collect on-demand video reviews. With sampling, you can find specific individuals who are enthusiastic about your products, have a passion for sharing video content and can bring different perspectives to the table.
- Ask your online community for feedback: Ask your ExpertVoice Community to share honest, authentic feedback about any product they’ve experienced from your brand.
- Send a post-purchase email: If you have a redirect store, send a post-purchase email to experts who provide their email addresses and share best practices for recording a video review.
- Get personal with a video: Record a video that explains why reviews are essential for your brand. Keep the video short, raw and authentic, whether you’re a small business or a more prominent player in the industry. Add the final video to your Featured Video Library on ExpertVoice for your audience to watch on their own time.
How to showcase your video reviews
Let your video reviews take the center spotlight across your marketing channels. Here are ideas for increasing the reach of video reviews you collect on ExpertVoice.
- On retailers’ websites: Syndicate your video reviews to key retailers’ websites using the Bazaarvoice Ratings & Reviews integration.
- On your website: Syndicate the video reviews that matter most to you to the ExpertVoice Recommendation Display. Your reviews are automatically assigned a quality score to help you better understand which ones are the most authentic to share. You can also syndicate your reviews to a third-party review syndication partner, such as Bazaarvoice or Yotpo, to boost online shopper confidence.
- On social media: Share the video to the platforms that matter most to you, such as an Instagram Story or Reel, a TikTok video, or a boosted post on Facebook.
- In other marketing channels: You can create a blog post rounding up your top most impactful reviews, include a video review in an email newsletter or upload select reviews to a video streaming website such as YouTube.
Video reviews capture your customers’ honest thoughts about your brand's products. The insights your advocates share through video can significantly influence product perception and strengthen consumer trust. Contact us if you’re interested in experiencing the power of ExpertVoice video reviews.
*Relevant for brands with ExpertVoice E-commerce Advocacy