If you’ve never had anything from a Traeger, you’re missing out. My personal favorite is brisket cooked with the Hickory BBQ pellets. However, ribs are a close second. But when it comes to a Traeger Grill, it’s not just for meats. I’ve had a great apple pie cooked over apple wood pellets and the word ‘delicious’ is an understatement. To find out what else we can make, we reached out to Mckenzie Joyner. Mckenzie is a nutritionist, chef and life coach, and also runs Sprouting Vitality, a place for “nourishing, simple recipes to fill your plate and fuel your body” and “integrative health hacks and holistic self-care tips to keep your mind, body and soul thriving”. She gave us four Traeger recipes that I had no idea were possible on a grill. They are: Smoked Dark Chocolate Brownies, Smoked Truffle Fries, Smoky Sweet Potato Nachos and Smoked Strawberry Rhubarb Donuts.
We have the full recipe for the brownies, but for the others, click the links below to check them out on Sprouting Vitality.
Smoked Dark Chocolate Brownies
- 1 cup Flour (King Arthur GF Flour)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 tsp Salt (Maldon Smoked Salt)
- 3/4 cup Coconut Sugar (Big Tree Farms Bali)
- 2/3 cup Cocoa Powder (Cocoa Metro)
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips (Enjoy Life Foods)
- 3 large Eggs (McIntyre Pastures)
- 1/2 cup Avocado Oil
- 2 Tbsp Water
BROWNIE MAKING INSTRUCTIONS
- Preheat Traeger to 350 and grease a 8″ or 9″ pan. I would recommend something metal to go into the smoker.
- I used my kitchen aid for easy prep but any bowl would do to get this recipe made. Whisk together all dry ingredients and set aside. In separate bowl mix together all wet ingredients and slowly add to dry until evenly blended.
- Scoop mix into pan and smooth the tip, maybe adding a couple more chocolate chips just for good measure and extra chocolate goodness.
- Place in Traeger and cook for 15-18 minutes using a toothpick to check when done. I let the brownies stay in the Traeger as it shut down just to soak up any more smokiness. Once done, take them out and enjoy!
Give Mckenzie’s recipes a go, you won’t be disappointed. Her recipes are easy and healthy. Plus, she’s a fellow expert that knows what she’s talking about.